Ingredients – For the Cakes:
220g unsalted butter
220g caster sugar
3 large eggs, beaten
2 small ripe mashed bananas
A small amount of semi-skimmed milk
Ingredients – For The banofee filling:
Dulce de leche (or toffee sauce)
Ingredients – For The Icing:
350g unsalted butter, at room temp.
250g cream cheese
350g icing sugar, seived
2 tsps lemon juice
Ingredients – For The Topping:
Fudge or choc pieces or chopped bananas
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C
- Mix the butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon, gradually mix in the eggs and beat well
- Keep going until the mixture is creamy
- Fold in the flour and then stir in the banana.
- Add a drop of milk if needed.
- Divide into cupcake cases and place in over for 12 minutes
- When done leave on a wire rack to cool
- To make the icing mix the butter and cream cheese together until thick and smooth. Slowly add the icing sugar and lemon juice.
- Leave on the side for 15 minutes to set.
- Use an melon baller to remove the middle of the cupcake and fill with the dulce de leche and pipe the frosting on top.
- You can decorate with anything, I like the fudge or chocolate pieces just to add a little extra to the banoffee cupcakes 🙂