The summer season means anniversary after anniversary, and wedding after wedding as all my friends decided to get married in the warmer months. So that means trying to find the perfect gift for the happy couple that isn’t just money or the traditional ‘Mr and Mrs’ mug set (not that there’s anything wrong with that!) So what do you get for the couple who has everything? Here’s a few of my best gifts for couples ideas to hopefully help you choose something perfect.
- A hamper – Filled with a variety of items you are sure to impress with a hamper of goodies. Plus, there are so many choices out there. Whether you want a chocolate hamper for two, a breakfast selection or even a sweetie hamper, there’s something for every type of personality. Above I’ve featured the Hotel Chocolate Hamper for Two – what more could you ask for!
- An experience – You can pre buy experiences from a number of providers online, but why not organise your own personal trip for the couple. Buy some vouchers for an attraction, purchase train tickets, or offer to drive and then make up your own personal vouchers to present to the couple. There’s loads of day out ideas on the web just waiting for you to find them.
- Something for the home – This doesn’t have to be the standard gifts everyone buys, think outside the box and personalise a gift to your couple. Maybe it’s a photograph of you and the couple with some memory keepsakes, maybe it’s a handmade item that they will treasure. No matter what you choose, they are sure to love it.
- Help with the wedding – If you’re trying to find a wedding gift and cannot think of a thing to get, why not offer to help out on their big day itself. There’ll be lots to do on the day and an extra set of hands they wouldn’t normally expect to help would always be appreciated. I recently made my friends wedding invitations for her big day, and saved her time, money and her sanity!
- An afternoon tea – What’s more elegant than a posh tea at an upmarket hotel?
- Book a weekend away – It doesn’t have to be pricey, search around for a cheap hotel and book something that shows you’ve thought about their time. Make sure you check their availability first though!
- Film or TV packages – for the couple that doesn’t have time to chill, why not purchase a month’s subscription to Sky Movies via Now TV. It’s not pricey and could be the perfect gift.
- A cottage holiday – What says romance more than a cottage escape to the country? You can eat dinner in your PJs, relax in your own private hot tub and don’t have to queue up for the bar! The destination list is endless!