This post is going to make me really hungry, I can feel it starting already! Mummy and daddy love to treat us with all sorts of different things, but recently we’ve starting trying some of their homemade creations. They are apparently better for our tummies. I’m not convinced as they all taste the same! Above is a very blurry picture of Bubble eating one of her treats – daddy said it’s too hard to get a picture of a still dog eating food!
Here are a few of our favourites for making homemade dog treats on a budget but healthy.
Frozen Yoghurt Pops
500ml Low-fat plain yoghurt
50ml of smooth peanut butter
1 mashed banana
- Warm the peanut butter in the microwave until slightly melted, 30 seconds is apparently plenty – at this point let us try a bit to check it’s ok.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a big bowl – at this point let us try a bit to check it’s ok.
- Pour into ice cube or freezer trays – again give us a bit more to test it’s still ok.
- If any left, freeze it until solid.
- Pop out the treats and feed us – mummy said one is enough, but we disagree!
Peanut Butter Kongs
2 tablespoons of organic peanut butter
Sprinkling of dry dog food
Optional slices of banana
- In a bowl mix the peanut butter with the dog food until all well covered
- Spoon the mixture into a kong chew toy (or other brand!)
- Optional, add slices of banana on the top to help slow the eating process – Mummy told me to write this but I think this is rubbish. Why would you want us to eat slowly!
Cinnamon Bun Bites
Mummy got this recipe from Babble – they are yummy!
Best of Breed Dog Biscuits
This is another one from King Arthur Flour – and you guessed it these are yummy too!
If you’ve got a favourite dog treat tell us! We all love food!