OK, so I know I’ve been posting a lot of Slimming World recipes recently, but these although they aren’t SW friendly, they are only 11 syns each (to my maths anyway you may want to re work out depending on the brands of ingredients you use). These ingredients should make 22 muffins – you may even stretch it to 24 if you don’t mind smaller muffins. I’ve been as good as gold recently with my syns, but when the bake off came to work I knew I wanted something stodgy! Hence these Triple Chocolate Muffins.
What you’ll need:
- 70g plain chocolate
- 70g milk chocolate
- 150g white chocolate chunks
- 50g cocoa powder
- 350g self-raising flour
- 1 tbls baking powder
- 80g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbls sunflower oil
- 375ml skimmed milk
To make your muffins:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line two muffin trays with your paper cases.
- In a bowl sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder, then add the sugar.
- In another bowl beat your eggs, add in your vanilla, oil and milk.
- Melt the plain chocolate over a saucepan of boiling water, making sure to not let any water touch your chocolate. Stir at regular intervals until smooth. Allow to cool slightly while you repeat with the milk chocolate.
- One at a time stir in the melted chocolate. If still warm enough they should form chocolate chunks in the mixture, while also still providing a chocolate colour to the rest of your wet ingredients.
- Fold your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients bowl. Try not to overwork the mixture.
- Spoon your batter into your muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the trays and place on a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar to serve.